The person the letter is addressed to has died, should I inform you?
Yes please. It is important that we find out that the person is deceased in order to update records. Also, there may be a next of kin that we would need to trace to whom may be entitled to some benefits.
- How do you have my details?
- I spoke to you a while ago. How long will it be before my pension company gets in touch with me?
- Why have you written to me?
- The person the letter is addressed to no longer lives at this address, should I inform you?
- I have already spoken to my pension company; do I still need to speak to you?